- Red velvet was really almondy- not just in the icing, like the coconut, but all over. With a different icing, it would have been better.
- Salted caramel: mixed reviews. It wasn’t bad, but not great. I felt it was a little bland.
- Carrot cake: Dry. Wasn’t very carrot-y. The icing was yummy, though.
- Mocha (#4) was the clear winner here. The texture, the creaminess… yum.
- Vanilla/chocolate: Good, especially liked the texture. Wish we’d gotten the chocolate/chocolate vegan one instead of this, though.
- We weren’t disappointed with this round, the first round was just so amazing that these had a lot to live up to.
We’ll probably have a round 3 in the last few weeks before the wedding, to check out the seasonal flavors, and then we’ll have the final decision of cupcake composition for the cake table!