Lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m living in a giant check list- email these people, set up an appointment here, coordinate meeting other people there, figure out why X doesn’t work, call someone else… and, unfortunately, updating the blog has been getting shoved down the list. Now that we’re under the one-month mark, the volume of emails has skyrocketed- I could spend all day emailing vendors and arranging things and searching the internet for solutions!
The most recent things checked off the list:
- Decide on centerpieces. Mom and I worked this one out while she was here.
- Find or make Team Groom gifties. Team Groom is done. I’ve been slacking on Team Bride (blanking on ideas), but most of the rest of the Wedding Posse items are done or picked out.
- Email Target about why the registry was no longer, um, there at all. Today’s moment of panic, though I don’t know why I’m really worried about it. Appears to be back online, and they did seem to either personally reply or have really specific form reply emails. (Apologetic worried bride reply email- definitely worked.)
- Print rehearsal dinner invitations. We’re doing a small dinner before a casual meet-up at Twain’s on Friday night, so there weren’t that many to print (though I still managed to print 1 or 2 fewer than I thought we needed, but plenty of envelopes. It will work out.)
Things to finish up this week:
- Decide on cupcake flavas. Yum. As a side note, if you’re in the Atlanta area and have an extra cake plate you don’t mind us borrowing for these cupcakes, please let me know.
- Figure out hair appointments in the greater Decatur area. I don’t like calling places, and keep forgetting to do it in the “salon recently opened for the day” time frame.
- Make a rough wedding-weekend plan. Including scheduled naps.
- Decide on veilage. Do I still have time to make one? Will Bridal Sense have the right one at the right price (worth it for materials & time)? Should I just skip it all together? All questions that should be answered on Thursday before I…
- Take Teh Dress to be altered. I’m taking it where cousin Jennifer took hers, where they turned this dress into this one.
Next week’s bigger tasks:
- Start on that playlist. We’ll start from your requests, and fill it out from there.
- Decide what the guest book will be. We have a sign-able photo frame that I ended up with after a gallery showing, but I’m worried about space. Still thinking.
- Do a walkthrough of the MGH with the caterer. Decisions on room setup, linens, etc…
And it’ll keep going. I’m hoping to get most, if not all, of the do-ahead items done a week ahead of the wedding, so I can enjoy the company of those who are coming into town early, plus work on the “has to be last minute”, group tasks.